Bella Vista POA Golf Rules & Policies
- Play ready golf. Groups must maintain their position on the golf course. Groups falling out of position by more than 15 minutes per scorecard time may be directed to immediately advance to their correct position on the course. Players stopping between nines for longer than 5 minutes may lose their position on the course.
- Fivesomes are permitted after 11 a.m.
- Please follow all posted golf cart guidelines. Golf carts must remain on the path around greens, tee boxes, and on all par threes. No more than two riders per golf cart. Golf carts may only be rented or operated by persons with a valid driver’s license. One non-playing person may accompany each fee-paying adult golfer.
- Golf attire is to be worn at all times on the golf course. Swimwear is not allowed. Shorts must be hemmed; cutoffs are not allowed. Golf shoes or sneakers are acceptable footwear. Metal spikes are not allowed. This dress code applies to all members and guests on the golf course. Improperly dressed golfers will be asked to change. The Golf Staff reserves the right to make the final decision on compliance with the dress code.
- Children 12 and younger must have their own golf equipment, pay the required fee, and be accompanied by a fee-paying adult to play. Children 5 and younger are not permitted on the course.
- The local golf rule sheet is available in the pro shop.
Cart Use Policy
- Annual Golf Green Fee Members are required to purchase an accompanying Seat Lease or register a Private Cart.
- A property owner can purchase a Seat Lease or register a Private Cart, yet not be an Annual Golf Green Fee Member.
- A Seat Leaseholder or Private Cart Registrant may suspend their lease or registration for up to six months, if they have purchased, in advance, the Golf Assurance Program and have followed all the applicable rules for that Program.
- All golfers, including Annual Golf Green Fee Members, must check in at the Pro Shop before going onto the golf course.
- All operators of POA-owned carts must have a valid driver’s license.
- Seat Leases are good for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- This entitles the Seat Leaseholder to use half of a cart, also referred to as a seat. A passenger(s) in a cart used by a Seat Leaseholder must either have their own Private Cart registration or have their own Seat Lease. If they do not have either a Private Cart registration or a Seat Lease, the passenger(s) must pay in the Pro Shop to ride in the cart. A passenger(s) that is not playing golf, is not required to pay a fee, but they still must check in at the Pro Shop.
- A Seat Lease entitles the leaseholder to use a POA-owned cart at any of the golf courses operated by the POA.
- This Seat Lease is non-transferable.
- This Seat Lease is non-refundable.
- The secondary Seat Leaseholder is entitled to all the same privileges as the primary Seat Leaseholder. Secondary Seat Leaseholders are typically the spouse or significant other of the primary seat leaseholder, living in the same household.
- Additional rules that apply can be found on the Seat Lease Agreement.
Private Cart Registration
- Private Cart Registrations are good for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- A registered private cart can be used at most of the golf courses operated by the POA. Berksdale does not allow private carts. (Safety)
- If the registrant’s private cart is not available, for whatever reason, the registrant may use a POA-owned cart at no additional charge.
- A Private Cart Registration is specific to the individual registrant, the registration is non-transferable.
- Private Cart Registrations are non-refundable.
- A passenger(s) in a private cart must either have their own Private Cart Registration or have their own Seat Lease. If they do not have either a Private Cart Registration or a Seat Lease, the passenger(s) must pay in the Pro Shop to ride in the cart. A passenger(s) that is not playing golf, is not required to pay a fee, but they still must check in at the Pro Shop.
- The secondary Private Cart Registrant is entitled to all the same privileges as the primary Private Cart Registrant. Secondary Private Cart Registrants are typically the spouse or significant others of the primary Private Cart Registrant, living in the same household.
- Additional rules that apply can be found on the Annual Private Cart Registration Agreement.
- Each golfer will receive a new player tag when checking in for their round.
- Player tags are to be attached to the front roof support on top of the windshield.
- Old player tags are to be removed from private carts by the owner and from club-owned carts by the golf staff or player at the end of each round.
- The player tag will consist of start time, date, last name, and tag number.
- Player Assistants will check player tags and record the tag number.
- Different color tags will be used each day.
Golfers play at their own risk when lightning is in the area. No warning system.
Tee Time Procedures
Golf bookings may be made 10 days out for Members and 7 days out for Guests and Non-Members.
The system releases tee times beginning at 7 p.m.
Only one reservation per day, per member number, is available. If requiring more tee times call (479) 855-5079 or email moc.aopvvb@flog
Tee times for the day of play are available by calling directly to the desired Bella Vista golf course.
No Show/Short Show Policy
In an effort to make play more efficient, we are ensuring that all tee times are utilized properly.
“No Shows” occur when a customer makes no effort to cancel a tee time. Please help us eliminate no-shows by canceling tee times that will not be used. Players who are no-shows will be subject to reservation privilege suspension.
“Short Shows” occur when a group reserves more tee times than they use. Please help us eliminate short hows by canceling tee times that will not be used within 24 hours. Players who short-show will be subject to reservation privilege suspension.
1st Offense: A warning will be issued by the golf office
2nd Offense: Tee Times will be revoked for 30 days