After operating the west side Stump Dump for many years, the POA has been ordered by the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) to close the Stump Dump effective immediately. ADEQ is working cooperatively with the POA to locate an alternative site, but it is not known at this time how long this process will take. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the west side Stump Dump.
For those that need to remove debris from their yard, there are a few options:
1. On-site burning is allowed by the City of Bella Vista. You are required to contact the fire department at (479) 855-3771 prior to burning. Burning may be prohibited during select periods based upon current fire conditions.
2. The City of Bentonville accepts limbs and brush only (no leaves or grass clippings) at no charge for non-residents. Compost Facility, 2000 NW A Street, Bentonville, AR 72712 Phone: 479-271-5954. Hours Monday – Saturday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
3. Republic Waste Management does offer yard waste bins at a cost. You may contact them at 800-431-1507.
4. Benton County Solid Waste District is another resource. http://www. bcswd.com/ or call 479-795-0751.
5. The closest landfill – Eco Vista Landfill 18633 Stutts Road Springdale, AR (479) 306-7875.
For property owners that are in the process of building a new home and have already paid the Stump Dump fee, please contact Mike Taggart at (479) 855-5064 or email@example.com. Refunds will be given based upon whether the lot has been cleared. If the lot has not yet been cleared, a full refund will be granted. If the lot has been partially cleared, a partial refund will be given. If the lot has already been cleared, no refund will be given.
Residents are encouraged to report any illegal dumping of debris to the Bella Vista Police Department at the non-emergency number: (479) 855-3771.