The Member Services Department helps POA members and prospective members transition into Bella Vista living, providing information about the procedures and documentation required of members.
Membership and Guest Cards
The Bella Vista Property Owners Association provides Members and their guests a variety of amenities, including, but not limited to golf, fitness facilities, swimming, boating and tennis. To participate in these activities, current membership cards and valid guest cards are required at all recreation facilities, except golf and restaurants.
Property owners can set up Member rights by presenting a recorded legal document showing ownership at the POA’s Member Services Department. Upon receipt of this documentation and confirmation that all assessments are current on the property, change of ownership is made in the POA’s records. Paper membership cards are then mailed to property owners.
Two paper membership cards may be issued per property. Membership privileges are extended on a single property, even if a property owner owns multiple lots or living units.
There is no fee to receive paper membership cards. However, fees are applied when using the paper membership card (please refer to Fee Schedule )
Paper membership cards are sent annually to all Members that are current in paying their assessments. Paper membership cards may be obtained at the POA’s Member Services Department: 3 Euston Road or 51 Huntley Lane
Activity Card/Photo ID
For property owners, there is a fee of $30 each for the first two Activity Cards per property. Once the two are purchased, five free dependent Activity Cards are available per property at no cost. The POA Activity Card/Photo ID allows Members to use facilities and amenities at a reduced fee or no fee rate. Additionally, Activity/Photo ID Card holders get discounts at POA dining establishments. As of 03/01/2020, Photo ID’s that have not expired will work as Activity Cards.
View Online Forms
30-Day ID Card
Members who visit Bella Vista infrequently and owners of time shares may purchase 30-Day Identification Cards, currently priced at $5.00. The 30-Day Identification Card entitles the person purchasing it the full Member discount (same as a POA-issued Photo ID/Activity Card) at all facilities*. POA Members and their dependents may each purchase three 30-Day Identification Cards per year, each valid for a full 30 days. Time share owners may purchase one 30-Day Identification Card for each week corresponding to their time share week.
*The exceptions to “all facilities” are that no annual registrations or monthly passes/registrations may be made for boats, marina and mooring slips, RV-storage, golf seat leases, private carts, Branchwood, Metfield and Riordan fitness passes and outdoor swimming season passes. Monthly or 30-day use fees purchased with a 30-Day Identification Card must end on the expiration date of the card. The 30-day Identification Card entitles the holder the privilege of purchasing temporary boat permits and weekly boat slip rentals. Lake Use Permits are not required for holders of the 30-day Identification Card.
Dependent Member Card
A Member may claim dependents, wards or relatives for whom the Member provides more than 50 percent of living costs, whose legal address is the Member’s home and (1) is single and 18 years of age and younger or; (2) is single and a full-time student younger than 23 years of age; or (3) is, per a doctor’s statement, incapable of self-support. Proof of dependency may be required.
Additionally, Members may claim an adult child or spouse of an adult child and the children thereof who reside temporarily with the Member while the adult child or spouse of the child is actively serving in an armed force for the United States and who is serving in such armed force as a direct result of armed struggle in which the United States is engaged. Documentation of proof of service in the United States Armed Force will be required.
Dependents of property owners will be issued a card with “Dependent” printed upon it, and holders of Dependent cards cannot sponsor guests nor have guest cards issued on them.
View Online Forms
Company/Corporate Member Cards
Member cards for company or corporate-owned property will be issued in the company or corporation’s name. The Member Services Department issues a form to be completed and signed by an executive of the company or corporation. The form designates who shall receive the Member privileges. The designee may be an employee and his or her spouse or two employees. For more information, call (479) 855-8000 option 2.
Who needs a POA Guest Card?
Non-Members may gain access to POA amenities by possessing a current, valid guest card secured from an existing (in good standing) POA Member. Non-Members with a valid guest card shall have access to POA amenities at the current guest rates (noted on Fee Schedule). An exception to this is Golf and Dining where everyone is invited to play or dine.
How do I get a POA Guest Card?
Any Member in good standing may sponsor a Non-Member.
Guest cards can be obtained by:
- Online: View Online Forms
- Visiting Member Services located at Metfield, 3 Euston Road or 51 Huntley Lane
- Call Member Services at (479) 855-8000 option 2
The property owner must provide his/her name and address, subdivision, block and lot numbers, the guest’s name and address, the date the card is to become active and the date the card will expire. Please see online form for distribution options.
Any Member sponsoring a guest will be responsible for that guest’s compliance with all POA regulations and rules that are in effect at that time. In the event the sponsoring Member’s guest may damage any POA property, the sponsoring Member will be held responsible for all expenses incurred.
The POA may elect to sponsor a Non-Member to provide access to POA amenities (example includes Ambassador Guests visiting Bella Vista).
Leases, Regulations and Promotions
Annual Seat Lease
Annual Seat Leases may be obtained at the Member Services Department. The annual seat lease is for a seat or ½ of a cart. Any Bella Vista Member, with a current Photo ID Card, may lease a cart seat for twelve months from date of purchase. When the Annual Seat Lease Photo ID is presented at any Pro Shop, the cardholder will be provided a cart seat, based on availability. When the cardholder is accompanied by another Annual Seat Lease holder, there is no other charge. All other players wishing to ride with an Annual Seat Lease holder will pay the prevailing rental seat charge. Such fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Annual Private Cart Registration
Annual Private Cart Registration may be obtained at the Member Services Department. Golf cart registration fees are valid for 12 months from date of purchase. Such fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If a Member uses his/her private cart only at a few courses and wishes to have a POA cart seat at other courses, he/she should purchase a Seat Lease instead of a Private Cart Registration (private cart stickers would then be provided for his/her private cart).
To purchase a Seat Lease or register a Private Cart a Member must:
- Be a Member in good standing
- Hold a current Photo ID card
- Take private cart to Pro Shop (after registering with Member Services) for application of annual stickers.
Bella Vista Cart Use Policy
- Annual Golf Green Fee Members are required to purchase an accompanying Seat Lease or register a Private Cart.
- A property owner can purchase a Seat Lease or register a Private Cart, yet not be an Annual Golf Green Fee Member.
- A Seat Lease holder or Private Cart Registrant may suspend their lease or registration for up to six months, if they have purchased, in advance, the Golf Assurance Program and have followed all the applicable rules for that Program.
- All golfers, including Annual Golf Green Fee Members, must check in at the Pro Shop before going onto the golf course.
- All operators of POA owned carts must have a valid driver’s license.
- Seat Leases are good for 12 months from date of purchase.
- This entitles the Seat Lease holder to use half of a cart, also referred to as a seat. A passenger(s) in a cart used by a Seat Lease holder must either have their own Private Cart registration or have their own Seat Lease. If they do not have either a Private Cart registration or have a Seat Lease, the passenger(s) must pay in the Pro Shop to ride in the cart. A passenger(s) that is not playing golf, is not required to pay a fee, but they still must check in at the Pro Shop.
- A Seat Lease entitles the lease holder to use a POA owned cart at any of the golf courses operated by the POA.
- This Seat Lease is non-transferable.
- This Seat Lease is non-refundable.
- The secondary Seat Lease holder is entitled to all the same privileges as the primary Seat Lease holder. Secondary Seat Lease holders are typically the spouse or significant other of the primary seat lease holder, living in the same household.
- Additional rules that apply can be found on the Seat Lease Agreement.
Private Cart Registration
- Private Cart Registrations are good for 12 months from date of purchase.
- A registered private cart can be used at any of the golf courses operated by the POA.
- If the registrant’s private cart is not available, for whatever reason, the registrant may use a POA owned cart at no additional charge.
- A Private Cart Registration is specific to the individual registrant, the registration is non-transferable.
- Private Cart Registrations are non-refundable.
- A passenger(s) in a private cart must either have their own Private Cart Registration or have their own Seat Lease. If they do not have either a Private Cart Registration or have a Seat Lease, the passenger(s) must pay in the Pro Shop to ride in the cart. A passenger(s) that is not playing golf, is not required to pay a fee, but they still must check in at the Pro Shop.
- The secondary Private Cart Registrant is entitled to all the same privileges as the primary Private Cart Registrant. Secondary Private Cart Registrants are typically the spouse or significant other of the primary Private Cart Registrant, living in the same household.
- There is a two-step process to get your registration sticker for your cart. First, go to Member Services to pay the fee. Second, take your private cart and Photo ID or receipt to any of the Pro Shops and a POA employee will affix the sticker to the cart. If the private cart is not taken to one of the Pro Shops within sixty days from date of purchase, the Private Cart Registration will be suspended until the cart is taken to one of the Pro Shops.
- Additional rules that apply can be found on the Annual Private Cart Registration Agreement.
- Each golfer will receive a new player tag when checking in for their round.
- Player tags are to be attached to the front roof support on top of the windshield.
- Old player tags are to be removed from private carts by the owner and from club owned carts by the golf staff or player at the end of each round.
- The player tag will consist of start time, date, last name, and tag number.
- Player Assistants will check player tags and record the tag number.
- Different color tags will be used each day.
Golf Assurance Program (GAP)
The Golf Assurance Program (GAP) is an option that may be purchased with your Annual Golf Green Fees (AGGF) at a rate of $125 a year. When you purchase an AGGF and elect the GAP option, if you become injured or ill, you can suspend your AGGF and corresponding Seat Lease or Private Cart Registration for up to six months. As soon as you are able to play golf again or after six months, whichever comes first, your AGGF and corresponding Seat Lease or Private Cart Registration will be reinstated. Learn more
To sign up visit Member Services or call (479) 855-8000, option 2.
Annual Boat Slip, Mooring and Storage Rack Leasing
Lake Use Permits may be purchased at the Member Services Department, 3 Euston Road or 51 Huntley Lane. All mooring and lease agreements are for an annual period (January 1 through December 31). The lease is not assignable nor shall the space be sublet.
- A POA Photo ID card is required for any slip, mooring, shoreline and/or rack leases and assessments on all the Member’s owned properties must be current.
- All slip, mooring, shoreline and rack leases for Bella Vista end each year on Dec. 31, but a renewal grace period is granted until March 31.
- Any slip, mooring, shoreline or rack leases not renewed by March 31 shall incur a late penalty fee of 10 percent of the annual lease fee or $5 per month, whichever is greater.
- Boat owners that lease a boat slip, mooring or storage rack must register their boat and complete lease requirements at the same time.
- Annual slip, mooring, shoreline and rack fees are nontransferable and nonrefundable. If the slip is re-rented, a refund may be made if approved by the department manager.
- If the lease payment is not received by March 31 or the lessee fails to comply with the provisions of the lease as prescribed by the lessor, or materially fails to comply with any duties imposed on the lessee by law, within ten (10) days after delivery of written notice by lessor specifying the noncompliance and indicating the intention of lessor to terminate the lease by reason thereof, the lessor may terminate the lease.
- If, upon termination of the lease, the lessee neglects to remove any personal property belonging to lessee and left on the premises, the same shall be considered abandoned, in which case lessor may dispose of all such personal property in any manner the lessor shall deem proper and is relieved of all liability for so doing.
Boat Registration Requirements
All boats on Bella Vista lakes must have current state and POA boat registration permits. All applicable state and federal fishing and boating regulations apply to Bella Vista lakes.
Boat registration requirements for Bella Vista lake use:
- Copy of the current state registration certificate
- No delinquency of assessment accounts
- Current POA Photo ID card
- Proof of boat ownership (state registration is sufficient) or notarized boat lease
- Trailer license plate number if applicable
Upon completion of boat registration, boat owners will be provided a copy of Board Policy BP-2.04 and self-adhesive stickers.
Boat Registration Renewals
Renewals are due each year by January 1st, but a renewal grace period is granted until March 31. Renewals of boat registration after March 31 are subject to a late penalty fee equal to 10 percent of the cost of their boat registration or $5 per month, whichever is higher. Boat registration renewals are not prorated. First-time boat registrations are prorated.
Annual POA boat registrations are available at the POA’s Member Services Department, 3 Euston Road or 51 Huntley Lane. Temporary boat permits (weekly) are available at the POA’s Member Services Department, and the Loch Lomond Marina.
Lake Use Permits
Lake Use Permits may be purchased at the Member Services Department, Loch Lomond Marina or from any Bella Vista Lake Ranger.
Lake Use Permits Are Required For:
- A Non-Member, 16 years of age or older, who is not physically accompanied by a Member with a current POA Photo ID card and who is participating in any activity on any Bella Vista lake.
- A Member, who has not purchased a POA Photo ID card and who is participating in any activity on any Bella Vista lake.
- A holder of a V.I.P. (or similar) card issued by Cooper Communities Inc., who is participating in any activity on any Bella Vista lake.
- A holder of any valid guest card, who is participating in any activity on any Bella Vista lake.
A secure storage unit with 475 open-air spaces for recreational vehicles is available for POA Members. Only one recreational vehicle or boat is allowed per space, although two units may be permitted if the total length does not exceed the space. The storage facility is equipped with an automatic gate with a keypad. For more information about the storage facility and to make lease arrangements, visit the POA’s Member Services Department or call (479) 855-8000, option 2.