Membership and Property Transfer

If you have purchased property from a current member, or if your property is transferring ownership, please note the following regulations and ensure these steps are followed:

  • A $150-membership transfer fee applies to every change of ownership (chain of title) as recorded with the Benton County Circuit Clerk
  • To change ownership in property, the POA must have a recorded deed
  • Water on an improved lot can initially be transferred with a notarized deed and a completed application
  • The water transfer fee of $35 will appear on the first bill
  • A $75-water deposit is often collected upon property closing

Assessment dues must be collected if they have not been paid by the previous owner, as assessments stay with the property.