It’s happening! After a long spring of limited activities, we’re excited to announce the outdoor pools and The Beach will open on the following dates:
- Kingsdale Pools: Saturday, May 23
- The Beach at Lake Avalon: Saturday, May 23
- Metfield Pools: Monday, May 25
So how’s this going to work? There’s no way around it — it’s a different world! In keeping with the Arkansas Dept. of Health’s directive on reopening, several restrictions will be in place. We ask that you review the following and plan accordingly.
- Each individual pool at Kingsdale & Metfield Complex will have limited capacity to insure safe social distancing of 6 feet between non-family members.
- All pools will have specific timeslots to maximize the number of Members we can serve
- The timeslots will be for 2 ½ hours with 30 minutes in-between to disinfect and clean the facilities
- The timeslots will be first-come, first-served. Currently, we do not plan to use a reservation system.
- Pool timeslots available:
- 11 am – 1:30 pm (Closed for disinfecting and cleaning 1:30 – 2pm)
- 2 – 4:30 pm (Closed for disinfecting and cleaning 4:30 – 5 pm)
- 5 – 7 pm
- You may use the pool(s) for just one timeslot per day
- Physical distancing of 6 feet will be enforced between people in all pool areas including in the water. Family members may sit and enter the pool together. Chairs between groups will be appropriately spaced and not all Members may have a chair.
- Physical distancing will be enforced at slides and the concessions area
Anyone with the following characteristics will not be able to enter:
- Have had a fever of 100.4°F or greater in the last 2 days;
- Have a cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell;
- Had contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 in the previous 14 days
It is recommended that people may wish to refrain from entering if:
- They are 65 years of age or older.
- They have underlying health conditions including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, severe obesity, asthma or weakened immunity.
The Beach at Lake Avalon will enforce the same social distancing guidelines as the pools. We will manage both the sandy area and the water for the directives listed above. We ask that Members be respectful of other members and stay for a maximum of 3 hours.
Saturday / Sunday 10 a.m – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.