The Property Owners Association would like to remind members that boats located on any of Bella Vista Village’s lakes must have a current registration by April 1, 2016.
A boat is not fully registered until the sticker is attached. Boats required to be registered are listed on the association’s current fee schedule – www.BellaVistaPOA.com.
All boat registrations end on Dec. 31 of the year in which the registrations were purchased. Registration after March 31 is subject to a penalty, as listed in the current fee schedule. First time boat registration is prorated monthly with no penalty. Registration fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable between boat owners (seller to buyer).
Any boat located, moored, stored or operated on or above the association’s lakes or adjacent shorelines without a current year registration sticker after March 31, 2016 will be assessed a late penalty fee for boat registration. Lake rangers will begin patrolling the lakes in April and will provide the Membership Services Department with a list of violators. The late penalty fee will be collected by the Membership Services Department at the time the boat is registered.
To obtain an annual or temporary boat registration, a property owner must:
- Present a current state registration certificate
- Be a member in good standing
- Present a current POA-issued photo identification card
- Show proof of ownership or provide a signed and notarized boat lease agreement
- Sign an agreement to abide by the association’s rules and regulations, as well as state and federal laws when registering any boat.
For a guest to obtain temporary boat permits, they must:
- Present a current state registration certificatePresent a current guest card
- Be sponsored by a member in good standing
- Sign an agreement to abide by the association’s rules and regulations, as well as state and federal laws.
To register a boat, visit the Membership Services Department, located in the Metfield Clubhouse, 3 Euston Road. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.