Policy 1.03.6: CHARITABLE GIVING COMMITTEE
The Charitable Giving Committee’s responsibility is to evaluate charitable requests and determine which charities, if any, will be given a donation by the Association.
I. ORGANIZATION AND APPOINTMENT
- The Board Chairperson will appoint at least three Members to the committee each June. The members of the Committee serve at the pleasure of the Board Chairperson. The Chief Operating Officer is an exofficio member without vote.
- The committee will elect its chairperson.
- Meetings will be held on an as needed basis.
- Minutes of the meetings will be taken and distributed to the Corporate Secretary and to the Board.
- The committee will evaluate requests for donations using the following set of guidelines:
- The requesting entity must be a duly organized, validly existing, non-profit entity in good standing.
- The non-profit organization must have an office located in Bella Vista and have a positive direct impact upon the residents of Bella Vista.
- Donations may not be made to political or religious organizations.
- Donations will be limited to $10,000 per organization annually.
- Each year the Board, in its sole discretion, may budget funds for charitable giving. The committee must stay within the limitations of the budget.
- A member of the committee, who also serves on the board of an organization requesting a donation, must recuse themselves from any decision regarding the organization for which they serve.
- Donations for community events, for example a music festival, will be handled separately. Requests for such events will be forwarded to the Chief Operating Officer.
The Board has the authority to grant a waiver of any restriction detailed above.