As we embark on a new year as the POA Board of Directors, part of our duties includes: being well-informed on issues concerning the Association; listening respectfully to other points of view; and to educate ourselves on the needs and concerns of the entire POA Membership. We take these duties seriously and ask that each resident consider doing the same.
There are numerous ways to stay informed on POA happenings and we encourage everyone to take advantage of these opportunities:
- Weekly e-newsletters to the general POA and Golf; Monthly e-newsletters to specific interest groups (Recreation and Lakes). You may sign-up here: bellavistapoa.com/signup/
- Facebook posts from three pages: POA, Lakepoint and BV Bar and Grill; we are also starting up an Instagram page for those interested
- Monthly Coffee & Questions with Tom Judson (second Tuesday of each month, 10 am) at the Country Club Board Room; Keith Ihms, Director of Golf Maintenance and Phillip Wright, Director of Golf Operations, join Tom each month
- Monthly Connections newsletter in your water bill
- Quarterly magazine: Inside Bella Vista
- Open Board meetings every month: Working Sessions are held the 3rd Thursday at 8 am and the Board Meeting is the 4th Thursday at 6:30 pm. Both meetings are held at the Country Club Board Room. Minutes from these meetings are available on the POA website. Both meetings are live-streamed to Facebook. (Exception this month for the Working Session held on June 19).
- “In the Know” – JB Portillo, BV resident and volunteer, hosts a recorded show that is a follow-up to each monthly board meeting. Each session is posted on Facebook and will soon be shown on BVCTV
- POA website has a tremendous amount of information and resources; there is a Contact Us page allowing you to submit questions – bellavistapoa.com/contact/
- Email or call Tom Judson, COO, at email@example.com or 479.855.5010. He is more than willing to speak with residents’ one-on-one. And, he is willing to give a speech/talk at your community club or church.
We look forward to a fresh start with new board members Mary Sinkus, and Jerry Hover and Mike Abb. Please help us by staying informed on the facts that are covered in one of the areas noted above. We are not perfect people but our individual and team commitment to Bella Vista has never been stronger.
Ruth Hatcher, Chairperson
POA Board of Directors